Custom pet portraits, hand made cake toppers

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY: Wreath with Roses made of Recycled Paper!!

I
 love the look a little retro and vintage of this wreath and I love creating using recycled stuff!! So I want to show you this wreath, that I have decorated with roses and leaves I made using magazines paper!!








TUTORIAL: ROSES WREATH

MATERIALS:
- Wicker or styrofoam wreath as a support (measure of your choice)
- Magazines to be recycled 
- Hot glue
- Staple


I decided to use reds and golds for my roses because I want to use my wreath for Christmas, of curse you can make your own roses using the colors you prefer.

Phase 1: GET THE COLORS YOU NEED!!
Torn from magazines all pages with pinks, reds, browns for the roses and also light and dark greens for the leaves. Writtens and images on the magazines papers will give more movement to your rose!

Phase 2: CREATING THE ROSE
Rip in half a page, you will obtain a strip about 4" high, fold it in half but do not press on the middle!


  
Insert your left forefinger at the beginning of the strip and begins to roll it with your right hand, as you can see in the pictures below:






Squeeze the base of the rose

 

Secure the base of the rose with the stapler and roll another strip of paper of a lighter or darker color around the first one.

And here is the rose!
 


Phase 3: CREATING THE LEAVES

For the leaves fold a 4"high strip of green colors and tear it.




Bend again the piece you have obtain and tear it.


Now you've got a rectangle of paper measuring about 4 "x 2".
On the reverse bend about of 0,2" all sides:




 On one side fold the two corners:


 Fold the two corners again a second time as in the picture below:


 Fold the two corners on the other side just once, in this way:


And here is a leave!




 Fold the leave on the centre to give it a rib:




And here are the rose with its leave!




I used a wicker wreath as a base to fix all my paper roses and leaves with hot glue:




To cover the entire wreath I created nine roses, not all big, I made also some buds rolling only one strip of paper, this is the final result:








I added a red bow and a red ribbon to hang it on the wall:





Tell me what do you think of this project! It is really funny to do! :)

12 comments:

  1. Finalmente riesco a commentare! :D Bellissima la corona, colori delicati e la trovo molto adatta al Natale e all'inverno :) Grazie per aver condiviso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie 1000 a te per il commento!! :D
    Sono felicissima che ti sia piaciuta!!
    Con le rose di carta si possono decorare tante cose per Natale, fare centrotavola, festoni, decorare l'albero o i pacchi regalo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!
    Quasi quasi adatto questa idea per un centrotavola tutto creativo!
    E' bellissima!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grazie Ilenia!:D
    Sono sicura che il tuo centrotavola diventerà bellissimo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, looking forward to trying to make one myself. Thank you for sharing your idea. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper roses are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic!
    I'll be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grazie del tutorial passo passo! Le rose sono bellissime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wreaths and this one is so pretty. I like how you used magazines to recycle, also. Thanks for linking up, I was happy to hear from you again! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. may I repost this on my website ? I will write the source and this is so amazing btw. Thank youu :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, you can repost it, thank you! :) What is your website?

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is www.twolisankita.com haha thanks once again anw

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts - I would love to hear from you!:D