Custom pet portraits, hand made cake toppers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Decoring with jeans spirals! Tutorial

I
f you, like me, have some old jeans that no longer use, you can recycle it for some cute projects!
And you will not have to abandon a pair of jeans that you loved...


The first is: Decor with jeans spirals!!
I decorate a frame but they can be use to decor almost everything! 




Materials:
- Recycled jeans
- Scissors
- Water based glue

First of all you have to cut some little stripes from jeans, about 0,2" high. 
Prepare a lot of stripes of different lenght and from jeans of different shade of blue or black to give a wonderful gradient effect to your decoration.





Wrap in tight spirals the stripes and fix them with a drop of glue.
Prepare spirals of different measures, mine are from 0,2" to 1,4" of diameter.



If you use two different colors of jeans the effect will be beautiful!


Stick them all with glue


This is my jeans frame!


What do you think of my frame?
You can use jeans spirals to decor notebooks, bags, t-shirt, boxes...and many other things!

See you soon with another creative idea with jeans! :)


8 comments:

  1. Great idea!!!!!
    very nice frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Paola!
    I'm trying to make a bag for a friend of mine all covered with jeans spirals...a very long and patient work! But it's being well, a bit hippy, as she likes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!
    I love this frame!
    I have old jeans...now I think they could have a new life!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing this tutorial^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make decors with paper spirals, this is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!! :) I saw paper spirals in your blog, they are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to contact you per email where can I find your address? UNfortunately I can't see your blog entirely, but I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! My mail is perlillapets@yahoo.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love the recycling ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts - I would love to hear from you!:D